In my newest story, Buddy System, featured in Summer Feels (a #romanceclass anthology), the main character, twenty-something IT consultant Kit Estaquio, doesn’t believe in letting loose during company summer outings.
“I have always been on the fringes, watching, never really partaking. I’ve felt disappointment and pity for these people who drink to excess and do stupid things, which ensconce them in the should-never-be-disclosed (but always told) embarrassing history of our company.” -Kit
In fact, she goes by her list of things NOT TO DO during any company outing, outlined below:
1. Don’t ask your best friend to babysit you and bail you out when the going gets tough (especially if you also do #3, because then he won’t be focusing on you then)
2. Don’t lust after your surfer dude boss (even if everybody else is, and it’s only from a distance)
3. Don’t match your best friend with his ultimate crush and get pissed when he bites (because then he won’t be able to do the task in #1)
4. Don’t drink too much (duh, no brainer)
5. Don’t make out with the resident office player (even if he is DROP. DEAD. GORGEOUS.)
6. Don’t refuse an out when you are given one (Okay, you asked for it, and then you won’t take it? What are you thinking?)
7. Don’t join the bonfire “games” (unless you’re ready to throw inhibitions out of the window)
8. Don’t lose control (if you do #4, then this is a rule you won’t be able to keep)
9. Don’t sleep in a room that’s not yours (ahem.)
10. Don’t confirm any stories about what happened (if the shit hits the fan, deny, deny, deny!)
Grab a copy of Buddy System and find out how.
Attend #AprilFeelsDay2017 on April 30, 2017 at the Urban Turf U.P. Town Center at 1:00 PM and witness the formal launch of the anthology! Meet the authors and buy your printed copies available during the event.
#AprilFeelsDay2017 event link