2016 is done and dusted. And while it was a big year for me, writing-wise, I am excited at the prospect of 2017!
2016 brought me the following:
- Release in print of 4 books – Turning Points, In My Dreams, The Retreat, and Kate, Finally – I just realized that I have 240+ books out in the wild in around 10 countries around the world. Now, hopefully, those books are being (or have been) read and shared.
- Release in ebook format as well for 2 of the above books – The Retreat and Kate, Finally – ebook sales are not as good as the print sales, and this is because I have not been active in promoting myself. I hope to change that in 2017.
- The #HeistClub Launch, which I helped organize. This is admittedly, a highlight of my writing year.
- The MIBF! This is when I realize even people who really don’t know me personally would buy to read my books!
- The #romanceclass events–AprilFeelsFest, OctoberFeelsFest, etc.
- The release of the two anthologies I contributed to–FLESH (by Fixi Novo, launched in UK), and Talecraft Master Story Creators Anthology 1 (by Talecraft, launched in Fully Booked, BGC)
- Closer relationships/friendships with other authors/readers
- Opportunity to talk about writing to LSGH Grade Six students with fellow authors–Anne Plaza, Georgette Gonzales, Giselle Maris Bacala, Racquel Castro, Ana Valenzuela and Mark Manalang
- Opportunity to “come out” to my J&J Global Family about my writing during our year-end event in the US
- Significant progress to my #HeistClub book 2 (now 75% complete)
- Meeting and spending quality time with F.H. Batacan, the author of Smaller and Smaller Circles!
So now, onward to 2017!
- Finish my WIPs for #HeistClub, #romanceclass2017 and a story that is close to my heart, “Losing It”
- #HeistClub Book 2 Launch.
- Focus on author branding, marketing and sales.
- Help others achieve their writing dreams.